top of page

Coronavirus Unemployment Aid

Updated: Nov 28, 2023

hand sanitizer

What you can do for your restaurant.


If you are an employer, download Notice of Reduced Earnings (DE 2063) (PDF) or Notice of Reduced Earnings (DE 2063F) (PDF), or use one of the following methods:

Employers can apply for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program if reduced production, services, or other conditions cause them to seek an alternative to layoffs.

The Work Sharing Program helps employees whose hours and wages have been reduced:

  • Receive UI benefits.

  • Keep their current job.

  • Avoid financial hardships.

Partial claims are for employees whose employers want to keep them when there is a lack of work.

The employer certifies that the employee is expected to return to work, and gives them a form to file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim.


If you are an employee who used the Notice of Reduced Earnings (DE 2063) (PDF) or Notice of Reduced Earnings (Fisherperson) (DE 2063F) (PDF) to file for UI benefits, you are not required to look for a new job because your employer has certified that there will be a job for you shortly. You are considered partially unemployed.

How to File a Claim

Contact EDD to file a claim for partial UI benefits and have the following items prepared:

  • Full Name

  • Social security number

  • Mailing address

  • Home address (if different than mailing address)

  • Phone number

  • Most recent employer information

  • Company name

  • Address (mailing and physical location)

  • Phone number

  • All employer information from the 18 months before you filed your claim

  • Names of employers

  • Period of employment

  • Wages earned

  • Method of payment

  • Driver’s license or ID card number, if you have one

  • Most recent date worked and the reason you are no longer working

  • Citizenship status (which can include an alien registration number)

If we need to verify the information you provide, we will mail you additional information or request more documentation.

Some more reading:

If unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 should file a Disability Insurance (DI) claim.

Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers on COVID-19, based on the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Californians who are unable to work because they are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19  can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim.


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page